Sunday, February 15, 2009

Day 045 | February 14, 2009 | Love

Day 045 | February 14, 2009 | Love

Camera : Nikon D60
Lenses : AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55 mm f/3.5-5.6G VR
ISO : 800
Exposure Program : Aperture Priority
F-number : f/25
Shutter Speed : 2.5 s
Focal Length : 55 mm
Software : Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0

Photographer's Comments
It's Valentine's Day today and I decided to capture an image of love. I've seen this kind of photo being taken many times, and I have always wanted to do one myself. I used my bible as the background and place my engagement ring on the bible. If you look closely, my fiancee's name and my name can been seen engraved on the inner part of the ring. Light source was from a single LED light from my mobile phone. I shot at ISO 800 as I wanted the grainy effect as I had wanted to convert the image into black and white, thus giving it the classic look. However, during post production, I decided to retain the colour of the ring and make the background black and white (colour popping method). Comments on how to improve this photo, composition wise or post processing is highly appreciated.

4 comments:

Olly Hitchen February 15, 2009 at 6:14 AM  

What a fantastic image. The shadow is excellent! I assume that the "Everyone is a liar" quote to the right is just a coincidence, and not a deliberate placing of the ring? hehe. Great shot though. To be honest, I couldn't really tell that the background was made black and white.

Great shot though.

:o)

Sharma D. Pillai February 15, 2009 at 6:17 PM  

Hi Rupert,
Thanks for the comments.. the quote was a coincidence. Didn't really noticed it until you mentioned it out loud. Hahaha....
Yeah, need to work on the B&W conversion...

elixelle February 17, 2009 at 10:06 AM  

I agree with Rupert. I couldn't tell you had the bg B&W if I didn't read your caption. But the again, I suppose it's because your bg is in fact a book which usually would be in B&W. And yes, I've seen this kind of photo before but I like that you made it personal with the engravements in your engagement ring. Good choice to opt for the colour popping method. Great Valentine's shot.

Unknown February 19, 2009 at 9:08 AM  

Dear Mr Sharma,

Great photo. In fact all of them are good but I liked this in one in particular because of the placement of the lighting.
My son directed me to your blog. I am a brother-in-law to Nilla's husband, Vinesh. Never thought of you as an artist.
I look forward to viewing more of your photos in the coming days.

Chandra Sekran

About Me

My photo
Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia

About This Blog

My first attempt at doing a 365 photo gallery. Will try to take a photo a day and post it here. Comments and feedback are most appreciated.

Followers

Member of

Member of

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP